June Is the Official Month for Garage Safety
Keeping your garage door safe is an important responsibility for both home and business owners. While there have been advancements in the field of door safety, garages still pose a serious risk of property and bodily harm if handled improperly.
To make sure all of our friends and family stay safe while operating garage doors, Sacs has composed the following safety tips:
- Inspect your door for signs of damage on a monthly basis.
- Ensure cables and drums are well secured.
- Don’t allow children to play with or around the garage door. It’s not a toy!
- Keep the parts of your garage well lubricated.
- Invest in a sensor that automatically detects obstructions when opening and closing the door.
- Don’t tamper with a broken garage door. Block off the area and call a trained technician.
Remember, no garage door is worth getting injured over. When in doubt, call for help.